Copyright

All Images are Copyright © Mick Wilson 2012. ALL Rights reserved.

Tuesday 3 April 2012

Hot Stuff

Day 93



Thomas Edison, I bet you would have just giggled with glee at the thought of this - an (old fashion!!!!!) tungsten bulb filament being photographed (?)* on electronic media.

Amazing how far we have come since the first reliable bulb in about 1880. Almost as a amazing as the trouble I had finding a REAL OLD FASHIONED tungsten bulb in the house... They have all been "upgraded" to those [ugly, horrible, dim, murky, depressing and green] wonderful environmentally friendly fluorescent energy saving bulbs.

It always amazes me to think that less than 100 years ago, a lot of things we complain about today were a godsend and "revolutionary". And even moreso, that even 30 years ago a lot of the things we use and abuse today on a daily basis were luxury items for the very very well heeled (portable music, mobile phones) or the uber geeky (computers, electronic organisers). And even today, I use my DSLRs with less thought for their welfare (I won't say less respect, because that is not really true than I used to use my old hand-me-down film SLR.

Times they are a changin'.

40W light filament shot with 350D and a 35mm f/2 lens on 31mm extension tube. Slight levels adjustment and cropping in photoshop.




* the (?)... is it really a photograph these days? What would we call it?

No comments:

Post a Comment