Copyright

All Images are Copyright © Mick Wilson 2012. ALL Rights reserved.

Wednesday 18 April 2012




Yep. I did it again

This time with a Phottix umbrella box. I LOVE the light this gives, but it really kills off a stop more light than the STU does. It's pretty much on par with the reflective brolly measurements from yesterday. The big advantage of this is the whole thing takes up less floorspace than and umbrella, AND yo can get it in closer to the subject without feeling like you are crowding them. Brollys just "look" imposing! Well, IMHO.



In this pic you can see how close the stand is to the face of the box. The whole thing is so centralised over the stand and so compact. I think I will try to use this outdoors more.. although I will likely need to also use one of these DIY Brackets so I get 1 stop more light...

No comments:

Post a Comment