Copyright

All Images are Copyright © Mick Wilson 2012. ALL Rights reserved.

Wednesday 28 March 2012

C'mon Boys, let's get that tree-huggin Greenie

Day 87


You've gotta say the title in a Yosemite Sam voice, "I'll get that Varmint" sort of tone :)

Yeah, I was out of ideas. I have this dark streak inside me that wanted to make a whole lot of gummy bears beating up another one, and there was only one green one left in the bag we had at home - seemed like an accident waiting to happen... but alas, it just seemed too sickeningly close to what you read in the papers that I decided I could not do that, so it's best just to have a bit of a comical suggestion of the violence instead :)

Tree hugger isn't a term I have heard for a while. When I first started being vego I used to hear it now and then - you tree huggin vego's. Now all we get is irate meat-eaters defending themselves preemptively against our perceived attacks on them. Guilty consciences? I wonder.

Most of us NEVER even try to convert anyone from eating meat. Our decision is personal. We do it for religious, moral/ethical, health and other reasons. Our choice. I don't care what you eat. But don't tell me why what I eat is bad for you, especially when you are wrong :)

I've had otherwise intelligent non-vegos go off on a tirade about how "you vegos" are killing the planet with all your clearing of land for growing soy and stuff... Funny how passionate people also seem to lose a lot of their ability to see clearly... I generally just smile (anaemically of course, as we vegos are pale, weak and anaemic creatures) and let it be... While I would really like to say.. do you really know how much soy goes into everyday manufactured foods? How much "soy" vego food do you see in the supermarket? Can you show me a place where there is enough of this to be considered a threat to the environment? (please, I can't find much at all!). Conversely, can you prove to me that this same soy from horrible sources is not used in your holy food, or that your delightful steaks come from beasts that don't harm the Earth?

But alas, we don't bother defending ourselves these days.

We know we walk a higher path.

:)


Shot with Canon 60D and EF 135 f/2L at f/2.8. Amazing narrow DOF on this lens, this close.

No comments:

Post a Comment