Copyright

All Images are Copyright © Mick Wilson 2012. ALL Rights reserved.

Wednesday 7 March 2012

The Fallen Shall Rise Again

Day 66



It was going to be a much grimmer title, such was the mood I originally felt when I glanced upon these flowers... but my mood lifted on further thought and retrospection.. well, a little, anyhow..

I was mindlessly looking at the wall, tinking of what to do for my photo today, mentally scribbling and throwing away pieces of paper... when I chanced upon the vase... I then noticed the flowers Vids bought a week or more ago, indeed they are already in a previous blog post. They had already wilted by the time I photographed them then, well beyond they're "beauty".. however, not beyond their Beauty? ... anyway, today I noticed the seeds and petals that had fallen from the flower, and in a very molancholy way it made me think of life, the cycle of life plants and insects (.. and humans?) portray... as pretty as these flowers were, they were no challenge for time, and the inevitable, however as a final last word, they send these seeds off, to begin the circle of life again, germinating, growing, flowering, wilting, going to seed...





It's a happy sad thing to see... Vids and I both have this relationship with flowers.. the beauty they bring into the hom when they are in full bloom, but then the reality that hits us as they fade... for myself I think the reality brings to the fore a topic I generally avoid thinking about, Life...  and how precious and fragile, and easily lost it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment