Copyright

All Images are Copyright © Mick Wilson 2012. ALL Rights reserved.

Sunday 11 March 2012

Day 70

Day 70


Sunday night! It has been a bit of a busy weekend. My last 2 photos were taken on the actual days, but not edited nor posted on the day. I still feel this is within my "rules"I set myself for the Project 365. The pic has to be taken each day, but obviously some days it will not be possible to post them as well. This weekend had two of those days!

Starting on Friday. I had Friday off. I swapped my normal Thursday to have Friday off instead. I had arranged to meet a Bride-to-be for a photo-shoot in Circular Quay, prior to dinner in Darling Harbor to celebrate her parents 25th wedding anniversary. This was the same family for whom I photographed the Sangeet last weekend.

However, plans did not quite work out, so it was just dinner that I ended up covering. The family generously shouted me and Daniel dinner and drinks - both of which were awesome. We ended up just taking casual photos of the get-together, with one or two formal photos after. For this shoot I had a 580EXII on camera, and Daniel carried a bare 420EX as a slave flash, pointing it wherever I  demanded, to act as a fill light and second light source.

Then on Saturday, I attended a puja at their house. I set up a bit of gear for this - some YN460II's on stands x 3, and a 580EXII on one camera, and a 420EX on the other, with Strato or Strato-II triggers on cameras too. Effectively I over-rode the ambient, only relying on the flashes for lighting, which I think turned out quite well.

Today, Sunday, was a day off! Vivek and I went to see Daniel and Di and kids. The purpose was to entertain Vivek, meet-up with Daniel and see his house he has been renovating for yonks, and also to borrow a basket for my car roof-racks to use in my up-coming trip to Melbourne.

We decided to try some daylight photos, something I have been itching to try for a long time. So we went out in the 3:00pm sun, and tried some set-ups with my flashes. The resulting photo was a crop from a photo taken with a EF 135mm f/2 L lens on a Canon 5DmkII, at 1/160s f/2.2 with 2 YN460IIs in an umbrella softbox camera left. I had a ND8 filter on the lens to allow me to have f/2.2. I am sort of pleased with the results, but as the cloud kept on coming over the light was not consistent, so it was a bit of fun. I definitely learned a lot about this sort of thing today, "do's and don't's" etc. And I got a sunburnt bald patch!




No comments:

Post a Comment