Copyright

All Images are Copyright © Mick Wilson 2012. ALL Rights reserved.

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Time to Recharge

Day 80


A bit silly I know.

I feel like this some days, and right now the girl looks liek she could fall over any minute. I think it's time for us both to recharge, but I have to clean my car (aka remove all photo related crap and paraphernalia out), and pack the Girls car for my trip to Melbourne tomorrow.

Today I traded my near new Eneloop Charger (plus the difference in price) for a new Powerex Maha C800S. There is (was) nothing wrong with my other charger - fast, great discharge cycle, funky white matched my batteries and looked great :) My workplace was getting new batteries and got a deal on the Maha charger with their Eneloops, so I decided I had to swap - there's no way they'd use the extra features of the Maha - they just needed a solid reliable charger. And they were happy to get the batteries on a good deal, and get some cash back as well.

So here is the new charger, before I have even plugged it in to test it. You can see how sleepy my poor Eneloops are.

The big brother to this charger has been one of the best things for those that use a lot of rechargeable batteries. This one is apparently as good, but takes twice as long to do it's job. Apparently 1 microprocessor for each battery (I'm pretty sure my Eneloop charger did too), so it must be good :)

The only downside is the Maha doesn't have a car charger adapter in the box - the Eneloop one did. Oh well.

Simple lighting for this one - gridded and snooted YN4650II at lowest power 11:00.



No comments:

Post a Comment