Copyright

All Images are Copyright © Mick Wilson 2012. ALL Rights reserved.

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Loungeroom tourism

Day 79




Almost as good as armchair expert/scholar/insert-term-here.

Yes, this is (badly) shopped. Took 2 minutes. I was actually trying out my lighting factors for a shot I had in mind, but I thought this was better so I used it instead. This me being a dork, in my loungeroom, photoshopped onto a photo of Darling Harbor I took from Cockle Bay wharf about a month ago. I actually photograph well as a Dork. I should take up the persona as my normal self - it comes so naturally, no effort at all.

This photo actually reminds me of when we were traveling thru Asia whilst working in Hing Kong. Every time we passed anything of interest (or banality even, like a rubbish bin) there would often be someone posing next to it doing the "V". So, whilst in tourist mode,  in all our sarcastic and ironic bravado, we sat on some sculpture and did the "V" for a photo. Standing to one side, was a group of kids, giggling at us and mocking our"V". Where they mocking us for mockingly doing the "V", or did we just not get the "V" right?

I wonder.

Today wasn't a bad day. We have gotten into the habit of trying to get to bed before midnight, and the last 2 nights we managed 10:45 and 11:30pm. I am gobsmacked. For the preceding 2-3 years my average night has been 1:00am, and at least twice a week at 2:30am. Waking time still has to be at about 6:30am.. well, we tend to get up at 7:15 and bolt out the door at 7:40am, and just get to work on time, or leave at 7:50 and have to take the M7 and pay the Toll.

So for some weird (!) reason I am not totally zombie-like at 10pm. Weird stuff huh? However, I actually feel like it is bedtime now. The body is a weird thing. I'm using the word weird a lot in this sentence, which is a weird thing, weirdly enough.




Softboxes 10 and 4 with manual flashes, 580EXII onboard using ETTL at 2 stops under.

No comments:

Post a Comment